GAF Roof Warranty Information
GAF’s Golden Pledge Roof Warranty offers maximum coverage and the following advantages over the BASE and System+ Warranties:
- 100% coverage for labor costs associated with workmanship or misapplication for 25 years* instead of 7 (* 20 year coverage on 3-tab shingles)
- Tear-off of existing roofing AND disposal costs included at no extra cost for material defects as well as problems stemming from workmanship
- 40 point factory inspection following project conclusion in order to insure quality installation, workmanship and optimum long term problem prevention
GAF’s System+ Roof Warranty offers considerable advantages of the BASE System Warranty:
- Material defects covered for 50 years (20 years on 3-tab shingles)
- Coverage extends to ENTIRE roofing system
- Cost of installation is covered for the entire lifetime of the roof (only 25-30 years on 3-tab shingles
- 100% coverage for labor costs associated with workmanship or misapplication for 7 years
- 100% guarantee that installer is factory certified as GAF Elite (top 3% of all GAF roofing contractors)
- Tear-off of existing roofing included at no extra cost for material defects
The BASE System Roof Warranty is included with all roofing installations.
- Material and labor covered for only 10 years through GAF, and less for 3-tab shingles
- Coverage extends to defective materials only
- Workmanship or misapplication of product is NOT covered
- Tear-off and disposal costs not included
- Installer is NOT necessarily certified by GAF
- Factory inspection of completed work is not provided
The chart below describes the roof warranties available with roof installations from Ridge Top Exteriors.
* Check ltd. warranties for complete coverage and restrictions. Also note:
- The word “Lifetime” means as long as the original individual owner of a single family detached residence (or the second owner in certain circumstances) owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures (e.g., a church) not meeting above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. See limited warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
- Installer certification is only for installations covered by GAF system warranties.
- Maximum wind coverage requires special installation. See limited warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.