Ridge Cap Shingles
A protective over the peak shingle will insure reliable protection at the highest-stress areas of your roof (the hips and ridges). The ridge cap shingles will also provide a higher-quality and more cost-effective alternative to using cut-up strip shingles as your ridge cap.
Other advantages of using ridge-cap shingles opposed to modifying 3-tab asphalt shingles:
- Safety. Pre-cut reduces injury to your hands and fingers.
- Convenience. Pre-cut ridge caps will save you time and ensure a proper fit without worrying about cutting mistakes.
- Durability. Standard single ply shingles are more likely to crack when folded over the peak since they are thinner.
- Better Adherence. An adhesive near the end of the ridge-cap shingles helps to keep in place during heavy winds.
- Thicker. The thickness of the nailing area helps prevent nail hole tearing. There are two types of ridgecap shingles that we offer:
These ridge cap shingles are a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and have even earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal
This is a premium (thicker) ridge cap shingle that offers multi-layer protection at the highest-stress areas of your roof (the hips and ridges)