Protect Your Home From Wind-Driven Rain And Damaging Ice Dams With A Waterproof Roof Leak Barrier
A Quality Roof Leak Barrier Will:
Create a 100% watertight seal that keeps water out at the most vulnerable areas of your roof (at the eaves and rakes, in valleys, around chimneys, etc.).
Weather Watch, a quality Leak Barrier, will:
- Protect your home by preventing costly repairs due to wall or ceiling staining
- Help prevent leaks due to water damming in your gutters, wind-driven rain, and, in the North, damaging ice dams
Weather Watch Leak Barrier is a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and has even earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal.
Don’t Put Your Home At Risk
- The Codes Are Clear… Protection against ice dams is required * at eaves wherever the January average temperature is 25°F or lower or where there is a possibility of ice forming in the eaves— i.e., the area labeled “North” (below).†
- But Be Prepared… Ice dams can still occur in areas where the average temperature is above 25°F (not to mention wind-driven rain).
- Avoid The Risks… If you are in an area that requires leak barrier protection – and if there is a leak – you could be putting your insurance coverage at risk by not installing Weather Watch!
*Check local building codes for specifications in your area.
† Source: International Building Code (IBC) and
International Residential Code (IRC).